Amber Safety and Care
AMBER SAFETY AND CARE
All About Amber Necklaces are very durable. With the right care, your necklace should last at least 4-5 years.
The Baltic All About Amber necklace have been designed by knotting before & after each bead so in the event that the necklace does break (it will break if excessive force is applied) only one bead will come off and the remaining beads will stay intact. The clasp is made from an plastic, with a plastic screw mechanism. The clasp is laboratory tested in Poland to release if excessive force is applied to the necklace, which ensures the highest safety. This is a design that has been used for centuries in and around the Baltic Sea Countries where the Amber originates from. Although it has not been tested in Australia.
Amber necklaces are made for wearing, not for chewing! Please supervise your child at all times while wearing the necklace,
PLEASE NOTE: Jewellery that is misuesd or not worn as intended is not covered under any warranty. This means wearing a necklace as an anklet as they are not made to be worn this way.
We advise that the necklace be removed when your child is not supervised - when sleeping and when playing outside and out of view. Please also remove during swimming in salt of chlorine water. All About Amber Jewellery is made for Children over 36months.
POINTS ABOUT AMBER
The string is knotted between each bead so should the necklace break (which it should if necessary), all of the beads will not be scattered. The necklace fastens with a screw clasp.
*The thread is knotted after each bead, if the necklace should break the beads will not scatter everywhere.
*Our Amber is 100% Natural Baltic Amber.
*Amber necklaces are made for wearing, not for chewing! Amber necklaces are only to be worn as amber necklaces. Using them as a bracelet doubled up or anklet will void all warranties. This can fracture the beads. Amber will crack and break under too much pressure and could cause a choking hazard.
- Always supervise their child when wearing the necklace or bracelet
- Remove the necklace or bracelet when their child is asleep or unattended
- Do not allow their child to chew the necklace or bracelet
- Consider using alternate forms of pain relief
- Seek medical advice if there are any concerns about their child s health and well being.
*I cannot assume any responsibility in the wearing of this necklace - they are the choice of the parent, and we do not claim that any or all of the believed healing properties will work for everyone. Although we do 100% believe them ourselves.
CARE- Amber, Hazelwood and Semi Precious
- Apply make up, perfumes and any other cosmetic products prior to putting on your necklace. By applying cosmetics before the jewelry, you will minimize the chance of getting chemicals on the amber/hazelwood and Semi Precious. Exposing amber/hazelwood and Semi Ppecious to chemicals can damage the stone.
- PLEASE NOTE: Jewellery that is misuesd or not worn as intended is not covered under any warranty. This means wearing a necklace as an anklet as they are not made to be worn this way.
- Spread one drop of olive oil over the amber with a soft cloth and buff until the olive oil is no longer present. This will restore the amber to the original shine.
- Remove your necklace gently after wearing and avoid hitting it onto a counter or other hard object. Amber is brittle and may break with extreme force.
- Semi Precious stones can crack or fracture if dropped or banged.
- Store amber in a jewelry pouch or jewelry box. This keeps the amber away from other pieces of jewelry that may hit the amber and break it.
- Wash your Amber in warm water and leave in the sun to dry if you feel there is a build up of soaps, dry and dead skin or any other things. These will all stop it from releasing its minerals into your skin and act as a barrier.
- Semi Precious Necklaces must not be worn in water at any time - the beads will move and the knots or if on wire will rust - these are not covered by warranty if they are not cared for properly. Please remove your necklace when wearing in water at all times to prevent movement, rust, knots slipping, clasp going black or becoming loose etc.The thread will stretch from the weight of the beads if they get wet and it will become too large or not sit nicely. The thread is not made for water.
- Please do not roll bracelets over the wrist as this will also void our warranty as it will stretch the bracelet.
- HAZELWOOD must not be worn in chlorine of salt water as this will damage it and it will not work any more.
- If semi precious and amber are worn in water please ensure they are cleaned and palced in the sun to dry - by continuing to wear while wet will stretch the thread.
This is "real baltic amber jewellery" and should be treated just like a string of pearls. It should not be worn by any infant or child unsupervised, and should not be gummed or mouthed by the wearer. Inspect the necklace often. If the silk starts to degrade it maybe time to restring. If a bead is chipped -it will need to be replaced. Please take care of your necklace.
In keeping with Australian Fair Trading guidelines no therapeutic claims are made and no medical advice is offered. The material provided on allaboutamber.com.au is for information and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical treatment or diagnosis. We assume no responsibility for treatment or cure of any illness or disease. If you have a health problem we recommend seeking medical advice from your qualified natural/health professional. This information is strictly a source of general information and is not intended for use as a tool for self-diagnosis. All About Amber provides this information for you to make your own decisions, if you want to use them on your own family, we believe they work for us.